Leaving France in 6 shorts days, I just received my student visa for China, and here are the procedures to follow if you wanna study for a short period in 中国! Discover more here 👇
Chinese visas are very different regarding the reasons why you come (turism, studies, work..). The procedures I followed only regard a period of study for less than 6 months (X2 Visa).
As I live quite far from an embassy or consulate, I decided to use an agency, based in Paris. Make sure to take in consideration the sending/receiving time of the post office.
The advantages of the agency are first the professionalism, and efficiency, delays, and low costs. I’d recommend 100% RapideVisa (click on the link here for further info).
You will need to send (to the agency, or give to the Chinese embassy):
- Your original passport (without protection), where you’ll receive your visa. The passport has to be signed, valid for 6 months (at least) after letting your dossier in the embassy, also it needs to has 3 virgin pages, including 2 in front of the other.
- A copy of the pages with signature and photo.
- The original of the V2013 document, available on the Chinese embassy’s website, completly filled in.
- An ID pic to be sticked on the V2013 document.
- 1 original and copy of your admission letter (the official will be given back afterwards).
- 1 original and copy of the JW202 document, sent by the Chinese university (official one will be given back too).
- 1 copy of the flight tickets (2 ways).
- 1 copy of an hotel or housing reservation.
- 1 copy of your school certificate.
It’s a lot of paperwork, but if 1 piece is missing, the visa won’t be given.
Regarding the price, the Chinese visa costs 101€, with the agency, it adds 44€. And for the sending of papers to the agency, I paid a followed envelope, and signature to receipt it. It needs 2/3 days to send to the agency, for the way back the agency suggests various means, and as my delays where short, I paid 26€ for a special Chronopost, and I received everything the days after before 1PM. The whole operation costs 171€, but with the agency, you’ll receive everything on time, and it’s a way stressless!
Now, time for packing is getting closer..! I hope you liked this post, and don’t hesitate to comment down here!
See you on the next post, xx